Donella Meadows Summer Internship
The Donella Meadows Project at the Academy for Systems Change is offering a paid summer internship. The position, located in Norwich, Vermont, is part-time and will involve up to 25 hours per week. If you are a Dartmouth student with strong communication skills and are passionate about social change and systems thinking, this could be a great role for you.
The internship is an opportunity for Dartmouth undergraduate students to be part of our team over the summer, working closely with our staff on a range of activities, such as:
- Use social media and other media (e.g. video, graphic design, drawing) to promote the work of Donella Meadows
- Curate and share existing resources on systems thinking in ways that are engaging and accessible
- Coordinate with staff and partners on the planning and organizing of program activities
- Provide feedback and ideas for publishing projects that target students and young leaders
- Design and run pilot projects that apply a systems approach to sustainable living in the Upper Valley, (e.g. rethinking the use of plastics or energy in the region)
- Gain experience in grant writing, web maintenance, the workings of a nonprofit, systems thinking, system leadership
The summer part-time position will run ten weeks, between June and August. The intern will work up to 25 hours/week from our office in downtown Norwich, just across the river from Dartmouth. Compensation is $12/hour (approximately $3000 for the summer). All applicants must be current Dartmouth students. (Seniors graduating in the Spring are okay!)
Find out more at our Donella Meadows Project website.