Our goal is to develop and sustain a culture of learning and innovation in public schools and school systems that builds students’ capacity to shape a just and sustainable society.
- Achieve a new public consensus on the basic aims for public education
- Public confidence that basic innovation in schools is possible
- Connected networks of on-the-ground innovators accomplishing these changes:100 school systems in 5 years and 1000 in 10 years
- New sense of professional pride, appreciation and common purpose among educators and public.
Join us this summer at Camp Snowball—
Do you want to make sure that our students are prepared for the future they will inherit? That what they are learning is more relevant and engaging? Do you want to carry out the promise of the Common Core? Come to camp as we scale up student success.
Co-hosted by Peter Senge, author of The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization—and a team of experienced faculty and staff—students, educators, community and business partners will join together to revisit what student success really means. How can we prepare students—our future leaders—for the roles they will step into in tomorrow’s organizations and world?
A growing number of school systems have found that by integrating best practices in instructional strategy with the tools and techniques of systems thinking, organizational learning, and education for sustainability, they can accelerate student’s ability to live, learn, and thrive in a fast-paced, technology-driven world. At Camp Snowball, young people and adults will participate together in a rich array of workshops to build their capacity in these key 21st-century skills. By viewing the world through a systems lens, participants learn to:
· Anticipate and assess decision-making outcomes
· Identify ways to positively impact their world through sustainability efforts
· Understand and address complex issues
· Employ novel technologies for innovating solutions to daunting challenges
And because adults interact with students at camp, they can see how valuable and relevant students find these tools and approaches directly. The energy and enthusiasm is infectious! Don’t miss out.
In the Portland area, but can’t come to Snowball all week? Check out the special evening events.
- See more at: http://www.campsnowball.org/#sthash.RpgRV9nD.dpuf
Lessons of Systemic Change for Success in Implementing the New Common Core Standards.
Take a look at our Prezi presentation of the Academy. Prezi is a fun way of navigating through our world.
School District Catalyzing Conversation through Generative Journalism