Work with us!
Administrative Assistant – Deadline: February 10, 2017
The Academy for Systems Change is looking for a new team member to provide administrative support. The position, located in Norwich, Vermont, is part-time and will involve up to 20 hours per week. If you possess strong organizational skills, have a confident, eager and positive attitude, and would like to be part of a team dedicated to social change, then this could be a great role for you.
The organization, founded in 1996 by the late Donella (Dana) Meadows, applies systems thinking and systems leadership to accelerating solutions to environmental, social and economic challenges.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to:
- Assist with general administrative tasks, including scheduling, filing, receiving/sending/organizing mail, ordering supplies, responding to general email inquiries and phone inquiries (as the office receptionist), as well as managing multiple email accounts and a cloud-based file back up system.
- Manage basic IT and online systems (e.g. emails, websites, social media). This will involve troubleshooting any IT issues that arise (with help of IT expert as needed) and managing online book sales (low volume).
- Process all transactions, including vendor invoices and approvals from President, and staff travel expense reports. Organize and prepare records of transactions, invoices etc. for bookkeeper.
- Maintain donor information for direct and online appeals. You will support the preparation and sending out of direct mail appeals (no more than 2 per year). Maintain up to date donation channels, from direct deposit to Justgive, Paypal, Eventbrite, Woofoo, Stripe.
- Proofread communication and fundraising documents.
- Advise board and staff re. grant administration and reporting requirements; assist with grant applications and fee-for-service agreements. This work would be done in collaboration with members from the Management Team.
- Monitor and update health insurance plan as needed.
- Assist Board by compiling materials, maintaining organizational and board binders and online versions of Board documents; Assist with note taking at Board meetings.
Above duties to be performed under the supervision of Marta Ceroni, Director of Programs.
Talents and skills we are looking for include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher and a suggested minimum of two years administrative experience.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to deal with a complex and diverse workload within a busy, demanding and mostly virtual environment.
- Professionalism, warmth, flexibility, open-mindedness, honesty, dedication, initiative, and a good sense of humor.
- An excellent team player with a proactive and sensitive approach to team dynamics.
- Awareness of the need to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Experience with Mailchimp, ConstantContact, Salesforce, Excel, and online platforms of fundraising and event scheduling.
- Genuine interest in personal development, environmental sustainability and non-profit work
- Desirable: some experience with QuickBook, interest and experience in fundraising, communications, social media, desktop publishing, WordPress, and online research
Compensation is commensurate to qualifications, skills and experience of the candidate.
To apply, please send a motivated email with your resume and two references to email@example.com by February 10, 2017